Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Annie PT Update: Continuing to Amaze

Another great PT session today. Annie's been asking to put on her Mr. Tony leg throughout the week and Sunday for Mass, she walked in from the parking lot and out from church [and she walked around the pew, and walked back in after I had taken her out for disciplining -- twice.] Today she did something surprising: a sort of elephant walk. She was a few feet away from the wall and needed to get across to me but she was too tired to stand up completely. So she walked on all fours with her legs straight. I never saw that before. Her PT thought it was an age-appropriate movement.

At another moment, I wondered about her arms. They don't move with her legs and she doesn't quite seem to know what to do with them. I was assured that's about normal given her current walking skill. She's keeping her arms and shoulders up to brace and balance...just like one would do when one is learning to walk.

This weekend, we'll get her into the swimming pool and have some big fun. We'll take the leg, too. Nothing like travelling to get that good walking in!

No comments: