A lovely leisurely Sunday. We all made it through Mass. Annie wore her Mr. Tony leg to Mass for the first time, so I asked Father to bless it afterwards. He did. Everyone except me had breakfast prior to Mass, so Dave stopped at my coffee shop and I got my white chocolate mocha to go while we house hunted again. Thank goodness for onboard DVD. The whole family rode around for about two hours while we dreamed and schemed. Reminds me of those Sunday drives to a little neighborhood called Bird Haven in Princeton, Illinois.
The afternoon unfolded languidly. Dave watched the race and I dawdled in the blogosphere. The kids napped late. As bedtime approached, Dave and I hid out in our bedroom watching the first episode of "The Amazing Race" [Rob and Amber won the first leg. Natch.] while the three little monkeys got their second wind about an hour after their normal bedtime. We go through this time lag about the time the clocks change. I try not to fight it. They don't know how to tell time yet and they're just being affected by the increasing light hours of the day. About the time we spring forward, they'll be about right. Anyway, we were either hiding out or being held hostage in the bedroom. We had a no-hassle bedtime and the house is silent, save the humidifier blowing and my keyboard clicking like toenails on the linoleum.
15 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds absolutely delightful.
Househunting is fun....I am going to do that, assuming my house sells.
If not...well...I stay put for awhile then.
Enjoyed your post.
Peggy :)
Post a Comment