I tried something new in the crock pot today. One of the commenters, Anne, recommended a simple way to cook a whole chicken and have it falling off the bone. My sister, Mary, gave me a couple variations on that theme. It took 10 hours and very little skill, but Dave and I dined on a chicken-in-the-crock and it was juicy and delicious.
Now here's my question: What do I do with the 4 cups of broth I strained from the pot? I prefer a cream-based soup. Can anyone help me out here with suggestions?
15 years ago

3 comments:
If you still own an ice cube trays you could pour some of that into the trays, freeze, then put in a ziploc bag to stay in the freezer. Then anytime a receipe calls for a tablespoon or more of chick broth, you've got it. One ice cube compartment is 1 Tablespoon.
Make cream of chicken soup? Some heavy cream, a little sherry maybe, some herbs in in a bundle... . (have shredded chicken, some veggies you liek, maybe rice--wild or otherwise--pre-cooked to add).
Just a thought.
mine goes down the drain....
knew you'd get a laugh out of that one
love ya,
mar
Post a Comment