Friday, January 05, 2007

Little Favors

As an optimist, I usually try to see that half-full glass in every portion of life. Sometimes this is easy. Today, after wheezing, sneezing and snorting through half my work day [when the sinus relief says "4 hours" it means only 4 hours!] I challenged the optimist in me to come up with a positive. I arrived at feeling grateful that this is indeed a cold this time [and not strep throat again] and that while Dave and I have shared it, the children seem untouched.

But in another sense, it takes very little effort to be grateful. Several dear to me are going through much more difficult things. I hesitate to ennumerate them for fear of violating their privacy or confidences. Suffice it to say that life and death issues are hitting those near to me. A cold? Nothin' but joy.

1 comment:

vbspurs said...

Suffice it to say that life and death issues are hitting those near to me. A cold? Nothin' but joy.

I hear you, sister.

I'm glad I read down, to this post.

Courage, Ruth Anne. We all need it...

Cheers,
Victoria