15 years ago
Monday, January 15, 2007
A Joyful Day
It was just a lovely day, 70s and sunny. Better still, I was off work and I was with the children all day. Dave left early and got some grocery essentials and my white chocolate mocha before the children woke up. Zeke completed four math lessons and was introduced to a new tool: a geoboard and geobands. The girls were chipper and played well together and there was little conflict all day. I completed a load of laundry. Everyone ate well all three meals. Dave's root canal went very well [as well as root canal can go, I expect.] A great day to count one's blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on the balmy day! Ice, ice, sleet here. Yesterday we couldn't get out of our street safely, though we tried. First time since I've known my husband that I've seen him drive a vehicle that spun out of control. He did manage to get the trailer hitch to take the brunt of the whack, as opposed to the frame. Afterward, there was a great "neighborhood" bonding moment. One guy had a bent rim and was grateful for it, in so far as it meant he'd managed his vehicle from catapulting backwards down a steep hill headed toward a major artery. Another guy got stuck at in front of our house and failed, three times, to get going again. Yet another guy just barely avoided ramming the vehicle of the first "another guy." Dude down the street slid down the sidewalk toward me husband to commiserate and share his experience trying to get up the OTHER steep hill at the OTHER end of street.
Brick streets in old, old hilly neighborhoods are lovely, all right, but--oh BOY!--they sure have their less lovely aspects, especially when they're abutted by ever-higher curbs as they sink.
My son's biggest disappointment was that he looked outside this morning to see what he thought was snow, but of course was just piled sleet. Which meant that 1) you can't really make snowballs out of it and 2) you really don't want anyone to because if you can get them to stick together, it's only because they're ICEballs, and therefore lethal.
Still, we had decently cosy time at home, having shopped ahead at the end of the week.
We're still jealous of YOU, though, Ruth Anne. Did you put the kids in shorts?
Oooh, those kinds of days are nice.
reader_iam, I envy you YOUR weather, as long as I don't have to go out in it. I grew up in an area that got at least one good snow a year. All we get here is rain,rain,rain.
Post a Comment