Friday, September 22, 2006

Vacation is Coming Soon

Fall began today. We're in the midst of our Fall Festival of Fun. The next event is our anniversary celebration [Sixteen years! Sweet!]. This year it will be celebrated at the beach again. The turn-out will be big--two sisters, one brother-in-law, one nephew, one grandmother, one sister-like friend, plus the Adams Five. Not to be confused with this bunch...



Whose successful Saturday morning cartoon inspired this bunch:



We're scrambling this weekend with appointments and a big shin-dig at church which will require me to attend all six--count 'em--SIX! Masses. The Stewardship Committee, of which I am a cog, is sponsoring a stewardship fair and I am the decorations committee. I've been buying colored tablecloths and posterboard, balloons, balloon weights, laminating commission names for signs, planning, planning....

This time next month, I'll be at the beach. And nothing else will matter.

Hat tip: Sippican, who got me thinking about the Jacksons with this long-ago post, linked at Althouse, buried in the comment thread.

3 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Very funny. Our family has been enjoying a trip to the 70's lately as well. Matt bought the kids a new CD recently entitled "The Veggie Tales Sing the 70's." It is hilarious. Hearing my 8 and 4 year old sing "Car Wash" and "Funky Town" is well worth the price of the CD. It's a hoot.

SippicanCottage said...

My gosh, the music in the J5 video is superfine.

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Note - the sister and sister-like friend have tickets to MB!! See ya there...:-)

I can hardly wait...especially since my house deal didn't go through *sigh*