15 years ago
Monday, May 15, 2006
Medved, McCain and Me: Part Deux
I had another chat with the mensch, Michael Medved, today. The subject: Senator John McCain. Michael is warming up to him as a presidential candidate. I disagreed. As support for his view, he cited the speech McCain delivered recently to the graduating class at Liberty University. He played cuts from the speech. It was full of rhetorical flourishes and was moving, I'll grant that. My position was that McCain had a lot of preparation, staffers and help in making a memorable speech, but it takes more than oration to be a good president. Michael held me over the break and we continued talking about other prospects for the Republican nomination. I tend to favor those men who've been governors because it is the best executive "practice" for POTUS. I think it's still too early and we ought to see how these mid-terms play out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment