15 years ago
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Test Anxiety
I will take Zeke to have some school testing tomorrow morning. As with many unknowns in his life, this news made him anxious. He worried himself all the way to bed. I told him some test strategies--seeing it as a game, a chance to show off, something fun--and nothing seemed to work. Then I told him to ask Jesus for help. He couldn't quite get the whole process. I told him to take his anxiousness and fear and to give it to Jesus on the cross. This made him a little mad. "How is He gonna' help me when he's nailed to the cross?!" I spent a little while explaining the Good Friday/Easter thing. He got that Jesus was invincible and triumphed over death and would help him over his troubles, too. Peaceful sleep ensued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's peculiar what sets them off, isn't it?
If you go to IAHP.org right now there's a little clip on the front page of Janet Doman talking about how education has been confused with testing, to education's detriment.
I always had fun--but then tests were always easy for me.
As I recall, there was a young miss, who also suffered from anxiety about who was going to be her teacher and how she'd do in school.
He'll do fine....just tell him that his aunt was such a bad test taker that Grandpa Bob saved a 5th grade test that she took in social studies:
Q: Who is buried in Lincoln's Tomb?
A: Grant.
And...that aunt went on to become a history major. *giggle*
I'm sure he'll max the charts as he's one smart as a whip kid.
Kinda reminds me of the girl with the smirk who is now an optimist.
Love,
Peggy :)
PS - How'd the testing go?
Peggy :)
Post a Comment