This recent story came my way and it really did surprise me. The Army is planning to perform its first execution since before I was born. Ronald Gray, former soldier, will be executed via lethal injection on December 10, 2008 at the federal prison in Terra Haute, Indiana. [Simon?] All appeals have been exhausted and he will be put to death for serial murder and rape in and around Fort Bragg, North Carolina from April 1986 to January 1987.
If you look at the old photo of the murderer, you'll notice the background has dark brick and a covered window. I know that backdrop. I worked in that building once upon a time.
15 years ago

6 comments:
You must have started in the JAG core shortly after these crimes were committed. Do you recall any of it being discussed? Yucky!!
I was still in law school. By the time I hit Bragg several years later, we were all about going to war in the Gulf.
Interesting story, Ruth. Didn't you work for the defense corp? I seem to recall the prosecution asking you to work for them.
Man...you must be good.
Thanks for all your good advice this weekend. You're a good sister and great counselor.
Peggy :)
Hey Ruth Anne and Peggy. :)
OT (though I am astonished to hear of this military execution story. I may write up a post and hat tip you on it):
There's a South Florida blog which leans Left, well-known to Babalublog and other Righties for their snark.
They have taken up the anti-Palin cause with a vengeance -- if you see comments deleted over at Sundries, you'll know why. They send traffic over to mine for the express reason of mocking Palin. Even if that is not precisely the case, it is the result. Anyway, I will continue to blog about Palin until the cows come home.
Incidentally, I miss you two ladies. I saved those tiny Mayo and Ketchup bottles after I saw your commentaries on room service. :P
Cheers,
Victoria
Latest and greatest is that the state supreme court has issued a stay of execution. I don't understand how the state supreme court has jurisdiction, but it's an interesting twist.
Update on my comment: I stand corrected. It was a Federal judge for the eastern district of Kansas. CNN story on it here.
Post a Comment