Thursday, August 28, 2008

What I Watched Instead of Night 3 of the DNC

Netflix blessed us with the last DVD for the HBO series "The Wire." The season had 10 one hour episodes and we started the night with episode 8, promising ourselves it would be all and then bedtime. But after the hour, which seemed about as long as a preview, we forged on to watch another hour. We told ourselves that it was the thing to do so we could 'just finish off the disc.'

I forgot I was watching TV.

We looked to the season/series finale, a disc all its own, and realized the last episode ran for 1.5 hours. Well, that would put us going to bed around 2 a.m.

We slept in. It was better by quantum measures over watching the democrats. Real time with a real man and one of the most excellent dramas to grace the small screen? I chose well.

No comments: