Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sevens

Milestones big and little to note today. The littlest: my site meter clicked over 77,777 today. I think I know the pal in Minnesota who was the lucky visitor.

Another: on advice from a couple people, I gave Dave the HBO mini-series "John Adams" for Father's Day. That was the best 7 hours of television I've spent in about 10 years. It was excellent from start to finish. I'm now enjoying the book.

The biggest, at least for me: tomorrow marks the second year since my dad died. A little over 700 days of a world without my father has passed swiftly because of my day-to-day duties with little ones. But there have been many times where his memory burbles up unbidden. Tears sometimes well up, but mostly warm memories envelope me.

4 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Cool. Yes, it was me. and i'm just thrilled that my blog just hit 4,000!! Congrats on your 5 7's.

Northern Light said...

Congrats on so many appreciative readers!

Your enjoyment of "John Adams" is shared in our quarters.

Sympathy on your feelings of loss over your dad. You echo what I feel about mine, who passed away in late 2004. I think about him every day.

reader_iam said...

Hey, you: {([])} throughout day.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

(Not sure that's precisely right. Close enough for an Episcopalian, I hope?)

Peace be with you.

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I really want to get that HBO on John Adams.

I love Paul Giamatti (sp.) and Laura Linney.

Dad is a better place....free of pain and suffering.

This will always be a tough day...but he was truly loved and that should keep us going for another 365 days!! (366 this year)....

Thanks for sharing your stories!!

Peggy :)