The other day, I had all three kids in the van en route to something. They were watching their onboard DVD of some Warner Brothers cartoon. Now the van DVDs get sporadic, but repetitive viewing. They were watching this:
They called out in unison the line, "Dead?! I didn't even know he was sick!" and it made me laugh out loud in the front seat. They all clamored to know what was so funny. It took me awhile, but I explained it as we continued driving. I didn't see the cartoon until today to get the sight gag that goes with it.
And many thanks to Zeke who has an encyclopedic knowledge of those Warner Brothers cartoons. I gave him the line and he gave me the title. I said, "That was a Tweety cartoon? I could've sworn it was a Bugs one!"
This is the good stuff.
15 years ago

5 comments:
I've never fallen out of being totally in love with "ye olde" cartoons. So fab!
My love for Warner Brothers owes in no small part to the fact that it's all good, clean fun. You can laugh at it all day without that kind of "dirty" feeling that comes after, say, the episode of South Park where Jesus and Santa Claus get into a fistfight over who has more influence on Christmas.
Where do you procure your Warner Bros. cartoons from? We're getting ready to cancel our dish network because of the intense lack of "good, clean fun" shows.
Here's a start. David bought a few of the volumes at CostCo. There's also this. The bonus features are also pretty good and there's a disclaimer by Whoopi Goldberg about the less-than-savory parts that are still included, though wrong. [Because to exclude them would be as if they never existed and that would be wrong.]
My two-year-old happened past as I was viewing this. Now she wants to see a "brothers cartoon" every time I open the computer. I think my trip down memory lane is about to become a well-travelled path. At least it lends variety to our usual YouTube fare of Muppets and Sesame Street!
Post a Comment