Monday, April 14, 2008

Date Night and Family Fun Outing: Bon Voyage

We are making the most of the last couple months with our babysitter, who has warned us that he's done at the end of May. We had a date night with 6 members of Dave's family at our local restaurant/sports-friendly bar. Our nephew, known still and ridiculously as "Little Dave" is joining the U.S. Army. He will report to Fort Benning for Infantry Basic, A.I.T., Airborne and, God willing, Ranger School. He wants to be part of something bigger than himself, serve his country, find himself, and wield weapons. Lucky him. This one job adventure fits the bill.

Godspeed, Little Dave.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

It's definitely an adventure. I find it more and more with time to reflect on my experiences and think "Geeze, I did all that?"

I would give the traditional "fair winds and following seas" but somehow that just doesn't seem to fit. :-) Godspeed to him, though.

P_J said...

Godspeed indeed.

The son of a good friend and member of the congregation went down that exact path two years ago. He's completed Ranger School and done a couple of tours overseas. And now his little sister's joined up.

We're very thankful and proud, and pray for them a lot.