Friday, April 11, 2008

Counting Little Blessings

I've had a few little blessing this week for which I'm thankful:
~My dental hygienist said she looked at her calendar, saw my name on it and knew it would be a good day. It was an easy, quick cleaning and no problems to report. After seeing poor Christopher Hitchens' struggle with his 'British teeth,' I felt blessed.

~I got a hit from Althouse and also a personal email from Hillary Clinton responding to my emailed question to her. Well, it was a little generic, but it seemed personal.

~"The Office" returned to the Thursday night line-up with an all new [and trying a little too hard, but that's o.k.] episode.

6 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Care to share the Hillary email?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Kathie:
Here 'tis

Dear Ruth Anne,

I wanted to personally thank you for the question you submitted online. This is what I love the most about this campaign -- talking with people, listening to their questions, and sharing our hopes and dreams for America's future.

Over the next few weeks, I'm taking my case directly to the voters of North Carolina. I'm going to listen to people's questions and tell them how much we can achieve if we work together to restore our economy, end the war in Iraq, stop the skyrocketing price of gas and reclaim the promise of the American dream. And I'm going to ask them to join you and me on the journey we've begun -- a journey that will continue until we achieve critical goals like universal health care for all Americans.

You will be hearing from us shortly about the questions you asked and the issues you raised. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask at anytime.

Thank you so much for participating in this historical election.

Sincerely,


Hillary Rodham Clinton

birdie bob said...

Then, pray tell, what was your question?

AnneGero said...

Now aren't you special!!! Nice of HRC to answer your questions, whatever they were.
Miss you and the children.
Mom

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Bob: I mentioned to her that our local public schools notified us they were falling behind the No Child Left Behind standards for two years running and that is one reason why we decided to homeschool our children. I asked her when she would support vouchers and market-based competition in the schools.

Yeah. Like she's gonna' touch that one with a 10 foot Czech.

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Well...come to Wisconsin, Kins....bring all the kids and David....and Wisconsin has a great Home School program, too. Mom might like it that you'd be back here....*grin*

The Governor that we have here in WI (and that you know from your law school days....was it Ethics he taught???)....loves to taut himself as the Teachers' Governor.

Yup...lots of money to the schools. Yup....lots of money to the Teachers' Union. And...lots of testing....but then...Wisconsin students always fare well in the exams.

Yes....HRC won't touch that with anything. She's having too much fun dukin' it out with Obama.

Have a great week!!

Peggy :)