Dave and I breathed a sigh of relief when the vomit wave didn't hit the other two kids on Wednesday. On Thursday, it hit Joey and she's past the wave and onto a BRAT diet, and Zeke's still 'in the throes' of it. It's a good rainy day to hunker down, do nothing but try to be well. It looks to be just a 24-hour stomach bug [Zeke hates that term! he thinks he has an insect in his stomach making him puke].
Sorry about all the vomit-blogging. It's all I know lately.
ADDED: Dave told me that during one of the mid-night 'events' Zeke cried out, "Daddy, I hate it when it roasts my nose!"
15 years ago

1 comment:
Here's my recent story. In January of this year, our family had just got done recovering from a flu which hit 4 out of 6 of us. This was on the heels of the birth of our fourth son on 12/20 and a crazy Christmas season. (The flu was bad; they were rationing Cola syrup at the nearby drugstores. Actually I think I got hit with a form of it, but without the vomit, so that's 5/6.)
We had the worse case of cabin fever ever mixed with exhaustion and my parents had just left to go back home 2 hours away. I said to my wife "Wanna go to Friendly's for dinner?" Stupid question.
So we're about 5 minutes into the meal at Friendly's when my 2-year-old, Gideon, slowly stands up in his wooden high chair as if to make an important speech. He opens his mouth and instead of "my fellow Americans" we get two quarts right on the table. Then he turns to his left and unloads what seems like another quart on the carpeted floor. I'm thinking "Where is this little guy getting all this material?" when he turns toward me and delivers the "conclusion"; at that point we're packing up and rushing everybody out.
Puke is pretty funny as a retrospective topic. "Roasts my nose" is really good; my 6-year-old is famous for saying "That almost made my eyeballs crack."
Post a Comment