The Army word "hoo-ah" is much like the word "aloha": many meanings, depending upon usage and inflection. Generally, it means squared-away, hard-charging, well-performing soldier. But how does one know if one is too hoo-ah?
You might be too hoo-ah if:
~You go to a barbecue and insist that your family feed tactically.
~Your children clear housing before they go to college.
~You give the command "Fix Bayonets" at Thanksgiving Dinner.
~You make your daughter sign out on pass on Prom Night.
~Your kindergartner calls recess "smoke break."
~Your wife "takes a knee" in long checkout lines at the Food Lion.
~Your newborn's first words were "all OK Jumpmaster."
~Your daughter's dolls wear starched uniforms.
And then, some might believe that one can never be too hoo-ah.
Beret tip and a salute: Mr. Charming [formerly Captain Charming]
15 years ago

2 comments:
Your post brought a smile. You're right, I don't write near as much as I used to. Probably because I don't think my life is nearly as exciting as I used to. I feel stale and dry now.
Blogging is a habit. And I have to work to get back into it. I enjoy it, I just don't think I'm very interesting. In two months I'll be starting in the service of the POTUS. Maybe that will give me something to write about.
How I wish I had been more hoo-ah about #2 years ago. I would not be in such a quandry now.
Mom
Post a Comment