This is what I overheard from the next room while all three kids were watching Bugs Bunny:
Yosemite Sam: Gesundheit! Rabbit.
Annie: Ga-zooond-hite!
Zeke: Annie, ya know "gesundheit" is "God bless you" in Cartoon.
Me: [Laughing outrageously] Honey, that's German.
15 years ago

8 comments:
A creative one he is. Believe what you say and hopefully others around you will, too.
Except when Mom is listening.
I got a chuckle out of that. It brings back memories when Paul tried to get Mary to believe that he was really taking the refrigerator box plane to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubbies play.
Imaginations are wonderful!!
I think that's sweet that Zeke is trying to teach Annie.
Peggy :)
get it right...it was a helicopter...
:-)
And, in the interest of clarity: It was me that Paul convinced to fly over Wrigley Field in a refrigerator box.
My vivid imagination tells me that is was ME whom Paul tried to convince. I can recall seeing the control panel drawn on the inside of the cardboard box as I sat there waiting for liftoff. My recollection is that is was to fly over Wrigley Field. I didn't think that Paul specified helicopter....cuz I thought and visualized like a little 2 or 4-seater plane (like the ones that Dad used to crash into the side of school buildings with the help of Sam...what WAS his last name?). Paul, perhaps you visualized helicopter and just didn't voice it. At any rate, I was convinced and rather disappointed when it didn't take off.....oh...the dreams of children....
love you guys,
mary
Sam Racina was his name.....and I didn't know that it was a helicopter..I envisioned the same plane as Mary did...because that's what Dad liked to talk about..
....I'll never forget Dad getting so irritated with that skinny Italian kid....who could whistle like no tomorrow....pull the plug on the plane battery...Then to have it crash into the Jr. High. It truly was the "Battlefield."
I was pretty sure that Mary was the one who was going with Paul.
Maybe, Kins, when he couldn't get Mary to go, figured you'd be the next best one to go!! :=)
Just think if HE did make it happen....and how all of our lives would be different.
Like the 3M PostIt notes...they were a "mistake."
Thanks for the trip down memory lane..and...imagine away everyone...
This was fun!!
Love,
Peggy :)
I will concede Paul attempted to lure both of us to fly over Wrigley in a fridge box [and I was probably his second choice]. I, too, recall it being a plane and not a chopper. [Perhaps that explains our inability to get aloft?] I seem to recall he had little light bulbs [lite-brites?] on the 'control panel' which is sort of weird because I don't believe we ever owned a lite-brite. Maybe spent small Christmas lights? They were puny and colorful.
I only remember that airplane incident from Dad's super 8s.
There you have it, folks: a sit-com episode from 4 different perspectives.
What a hoot!! Eat your heart out Seinfeld fans!!
The Geros are enough to make everyone laugh for an evening or two or three....
And...sometimes I wonder why I wasn't asked to fly in the fridge box?
Probably because I was too busy running neighborhood dog shows....
I think that those Super 8s are so priceless, Ruth. Glad you have them....
Peggy :)
Peg: Wait! I don't have those Super 8s. I thought you did!
[Actually, I think Mom has the VCR format of them that we did for her several years ago??] Perhaps we could digify that thang and make sure each of us had one?
Post a Comment