Friday, December 14, 2007

Date Night: Santa's Little Helpers, Part 2

Dave and I enjoyed another date night. First we had dinner at Jimmy's. Then we went to Tar-Jay. The two items we planned to get were: a Christmas tree, and sweaters for the girls. We happily wandered the aisles and filled up the cart. [Now that certain little ones can read, I won't disclose the loot. Suffice it to say that Santa's gonna' be well-loved Chez Adams.]

I've recently been reading a book called "Your Money or Your Life." It is transforming the way I look at material goods, accumulation of wealth vs. clutter, how to identify "enough" and a little thing called gazingus pins [defined as 'any item you just can't pass by without buying.'] We avoided major indebtedness and came home exhausted. There are only three days until my Christmas vacation begins. I have a long list of to-dos which are more like spring cleaning than holiday festooning.

No comments: