15 years ago
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
The Harbinger
Mom flies in tomorrow and will join us for a week at the beach later this month. Anticipating her arrival also creates a flurry of little lists in my brain for all the things I need to get, pack, and remember for me and the three wee. Daddy packs for himself and, with the skill of a professional shoehorn operator, loads the van with all the gear. We have been making this fall excursion for 3 years now and it's a great last blast of summer in anticipation of the rocket-sled to New Year's. Her coming portends the arrival of many good things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"The rocket-sled to New Year's." I love that phrase. It is so true. Usually about the end of October I start getting the pre-Christmas nervous, stressed out, yuck feelings of how am I going to get everything done AND still have a relaxing, Christ-centered holiday season. In fact, I think those feelings are starting right now; I may throw up. I better go clean something!
Post a Comment