On Marriage, Motherhood and Catholic living; looking at things from a 'Glass-is-half-full' perspective.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Date Night
Dave and I have the sitter lined up. We have friends who we're joining for dinner. Then after, joy of joys, it's a trek to the big box home improvement stores. Another project is in the offing and we have some paint to pick, some lights to look at, some switches to see.
It's a whole lotta not much. There are those piddly little jobs that are just on your bug list until you pull the trigger and hire someone to get the job done. For instance, there's a new back door [this one swings out] that needs painting front and back, some grout needs replacing, a spot on the ceiling needs covering and I bought new lights for the kitchen over the table and over the sink. In the living room, the faux finishing that I helped with when I was six months pregnant with Zeke and when we had white couches [what were we thinking??] just has to go. This shade will be a pale tan. We're thinking about crown moulding and new baseboards and ceiling-popcorn-removal. The ceiling needs painting as do the walls and a new ceiling fan [one that won't click and drive Dave to distraction] will be installed.
Like I said, about two thousand dollars of not much.
2 comments:
So, what's the latest project? Can't wait to hear about it.
It's a whole lotta not much. There are those piddly little jobs that are just on your bug list until you pull the trigger and hire someone to get the job done. For instance, there's a new back door [this one swings out] that needs painting front and back, some grout needs replacing, a spot on the ceiling needs covering and I bought new lights for the kitchen over the table and over the sink. In the living room, the faux finishing that I helped with when I was six months pregnant with Zeke and when we had white couches [what were we thinking??] just has to go. This shade will be a pale tan. We're thinking about crown moulding and new baseboards and ceiling-popcorn-removal. The ceiling needs painting as do the walls and a new ceiling fan [one that won't click and drive Dave to distraction] will be installed.
Like I said, about two thousand dollars of not much.
Post a Comment