Today was awesome. Dave and I took the kids to the Y. We got schweaty and they had fun. Then it was a road trip to Ketchie Creek [sound at link] to pick up my birthday cake. All the while, my cleaning lady worked her magic and we came home to lemony-fresh house and clean sheets on all the beds.
We planned a date night, and I suggested a new-to-us restaurant: New Town Bistro. Someone unknown-to-me put me in the birthday club and the restaurant sent me a big postcard with a free entree during my birthday month. We both had excellent pan-seared steaks and the dessert was out of this world. The wine list was good and I tried a couple new things. They played jazz and it was an unhurried, delicious, nice meal with my man.
In an effort to save the fee on the nearest ATM, we went grocery shopping. In an effort to act my age, not my shoe size, I purchased my first ever pair of reading glasses: +1.o strength and Barry Goldwater style [that's what Dad always called his black hornrimmed glasses.]
It's been so lovely, I can hardly imagine tomorrow being much better.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment