Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fire Off Your Canons [in D]

Right on the heels of a very music-rich wedding, I watched this, PG-rated rant on Pachelbel's Canon in D. Even non-musicians should have fun with it:



I really was LOLing so much that Mary Jo came and asked, "Mama! What's so funny?"

Hat tip: Galvanized commenting over at Althouse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so right -- the second violins NEVER get the good parts. Why didn't we play Canon when I was in junior-high orchestra?

Matt Brinkman said...

I played cello for eight years in school. I was privileged enough to play Pachelbel's Canon in D for our high school's baccalaureate for six years--from seventh grade through my own graduation. Only The Canon repeated over and over and over until all seniors entered and were seated.

If anything this video understates the horror that is Pachelbel's Canon in D.