Peg, Mary: The version I was watching was the BBC 5 hour mini-series starring Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy. I bought the 10th anniversary boxed gift set, put it in at 9 p.m. and didn't go to bed 'til it was over. THAT's the one I was watching. So you recommend the more recent movie?
I saw the one with Kiera and some other good-lookin' hunk that was in the theatres last year.
Oddly enough, Kiera and Colin Firth were in Love Actually.
And the line that moved me, was this, spoken by Mr. Darcy -
"You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
In the movie, Mr. Darcy was played by: Matthew MacFayden...who is such a hunk...*lol*
I'm wondering if your friend, Victoria is watching this dialogue...*grin*
I am flattered, Mar, that you would think I would have committed that line to memory. I'm pretty good, but NOT that good....
In reality, what I remember is: "You have bewitched me body and soul"...and I Googled it. Hey...I'm a geek....*lol* The wonderful movie database (IMD or IMB) gave me the quote which I shared here...
The dog food should be on its way....enjoy, Joe!!
And...thanks for the compliment....at least I amaze someone.....*lol*
6 comments:
Oh how I LOVE Pride & Prejudice.....Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy.....it just puts a smile on my face....why can't more movies be like that one?
Stef loves it too....
Hope you had a BLESSED Easter!! We had fun with Mom and Peg and now it's Monday and back to work.
Love ya lots,
Mary
I LOVED that movie too. I saw it 3 times in the theatre!!
Kiera Knightley is one of my all-time faves. Loved her in her role in Love Actually.
It was FUN at Mary and Scott's!! The food was spectacular....YUM!!
Peggy :-)
Peg, Mary: The version I was watching was the BBC 5 hour mini-series starring Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy. I bought the 10th anniversary boxed gift set, put it in at 9 p.m. and didn't go to bed 'til it was over. THAT's the one I was watching. So you recommend the more recent movie?
I saw the one with Kiera and some other good-lookin' hunk that was in the theatres last year.
Oddly enough, Kiera and Colin Firth were in Love Actually.
And the line that moved me, was this, spoken by Mr. Darcy -
"You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
In the movie, Mr. Darcy was played by: Matthew MacFayden...who is such a hunk...*lol*
I'm wondering if your friend, Victoria is watching this dialogue...*grin*
Peggy :)
Peggy....do you actually have that entire line memorized?
You AMAZE me if you do...
I love you guys,
Mary
I am flattered, Mar, that you would think I would have committed that line to memory. I'm pretty good, but NOT that good....
In reality, what I remember is: "You have bewitched me body and soul"...and I Googled it. Hey...I'm a geek....*lol* The wonderful movie database (IMD or IMB) gave me the quote which I shared here...
The dog food should be on its way....enjoy, Joe!!
And...thanks for the compliment....at least I amaze someone.....*lol*
Post a Comment