Monday, April 16, 2007

'24' Recap: Mostly Missed It

After last week's episode with its thrilling quasi-finale, I didn't even engage for this week. The children had a bedtime that flowed over into the start time and then I was doing other chores. Some of the plot devices are getting worn-out from overuse. Jack's "promise" to do whatever he needs to save his personal loved one is exasperating. Isn't there a CTU agent who plays by the rules and gets the bad guys? Or do nice CTU guys always finish last? Chloe hacking a back-door into her own husband's computer to help Jack also needs to be retooled. Enough of these can-spot-em-from-a-mile-away plot devices. Come up with something really original, guys.

Original? Try this new show on FX: The Riches. It stars Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard as two penny-ante grifters, part of the Travellers, who are living the American dream. At least they're trying to. They have three children: a son, a daughter [both teens] and a who-knows? [really it's a son who like to wear his sister's dresses]. There's tension built in from their new "lifestyle" and from the old thieving family that wants to see them dead. Really engaging and fun to watch. Great acting and interesting, smart characters.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I wanted to share this special news with you. Sunday Stephanie, Steven, and myself was baptize at St John's. This Wednesday Night Steve and I will start member’s classes. Thanks so much for all you prayers and support.

Love,
Renee