Saturday, March 10, 2007

Word Parcels

With the power of bloggerly suggestion, I have been dreaming more lately. Make that, I've been remembering more of my dreams. Today, I had a blissful nap that lasted about 2 hours and was interrupted about 6 times. I remember dreaming that Ann Althouse was debuting her new book about blogging and it was called "Word Parcels." The cover was hot pink and had a flower imagery all over the cover [I'm thinking Georgia O'Keefe]. I woke up and wondered, "Did she really write a book? Let's google it and find out." She had not.

I suspect it's a confluence of these factors: RLC for the dreaming, Amba for the thoughts on writing, Lileks for the annoucement of a newly-finished book, Althouse for the sheer volume of bloggerly goodness and the clearly feminine/feminist? imagery on my imagined cover and me for stewing them all together into this little word parcel. Did I mention that I'm making beef stew for dinner in the crock pot?

2 comments:

Sheila said...

How wonderful! I think that dreaming is one of the most useful things I do. I remind myself to do important tasks, solve problems, visit with the dead and work on my millions of character flaws. I think that teaching myself to remember my dreams is responsible for the minute piece of sanity that I still hold! Keep dreamin'cuz I think you revealed to yourself your wish to write that book YOURSELF! What a great title and the cover is in your signature color! GO FOR IT!

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Sheila: I miss you. We need to do lunch.