Saturday, March 24, 2007

Family Fun Outing: The Lowe Down

Our cleaning lady came today and we took the opportunity to vacate for Lowe's. Dave will have his bathroom redone soon and we were needing to select a new tub, a new vanity, general stuff. It's really obvious that Dave and I need to maintain separate bathrooms because our tastes differ greatly. But his bathroom will become the children's in a few years, so we have to redecorate with that in mind.

[Am I wrong? Who would replace a white vanity with a white vanity? Sheesh! What's the point?]

The children were antsy, especially Zeke and Mary Jo who were "sharing" a cart. Zeke was facing forward in the rumble seat and Mary Jo was facing rearward. Good-natured sibling rivarly devolved quickly. It wasn't pretty. So we left at about the moment the two culprits had a melt-down. I really dislike foisting my kids' brattiness on the world. It's not fair to anyone. Melt-downs deserve a measure of privacy. I was childless long enough to know that not everyone in the area wants to see the snotty-faced squawling little darlings.

We did have a good time together at home. Everyone napped and everyone had a good long soak of a bath in a leisurely way this afternoon. Annie even got some time being "barefoot" in her Mr. Tony leg. They are delightful kids most of the time. Really.

No comments: