Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blogligation

I had planned to write a post about a book I just finished by Peggy Orenstein, "Waiting for Daisy." It's about her personal struggle for six years to become pregnant. It deserves its own post, so I'll defer that to another night when I'm feeling more bookish.

Tonight it was just fuzzy slippers, chips and American Idol. A good recap of the show is over at Althouse.

I had a dentist appointment today and had the worst time in over a decade. I have a cavity. The last one I had was filled while I was in the Army. Prior to that, all my dental work was performed by my small town dentist who passed away several years ago. I visited him in the care center when my dad was across the hall. He had big ol' banana fingers and the porcelain sink to the side. Anyway, the fillings that he put in my adolescent head are still going strong. Except one of his will have to come out.

The good thing is that the amalgam will be replaced with enamel-colored filling.

The bad thing is that I'm feeling like I'm well past my warranty.

1 comment:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Is Waiting for Daisy like Waiting for Godot?

I'm now sucked into the American Idol craze, when my own life isn't so crazy....

However, I'm not really impressed with many of the singers this year. I actually like Haley. I actually thought LaKisha looked nice. I like Gina (in her Evanescence style - of which I do have that album).....I'm pretty much into country these days and I get to hear Carrie Underwood, Bucky Covington and Kellie Pickler on the radio daily. It just goes to show that country sells...and Simon was right that Carrie would sell more albums than anyone on American Idol.

What I missed was House. Where'd he go? *lol* Hugh Laurie is one of my favorites.

Hope all is well with you, Kinso.