Monday, March 05, 2007

'24' Recap

Because of last week's previews, we knew to be on watch for that cigar cutter. We knew there'd be a Russian digit or two on the consulate floor by the time Jack Bauer was done. Didn't happen until 45 minutes into the episode. Dave mused that the previews give too much away.

Then tonight's previews revealed Jean Smart and Rick Schroeder making appearances in next week's hour. Yay!

Now I am truly, really fearing for the life of Jack Bauer. He's been near dead, presumed dead, mostly dead, dead-but-rescuscitateable [a la Kiefer's "Flatliners" from almost 20 years ago], but never really dead. With Rick Schroeder making his entrance, there's a real chance to kill off Kiefer's character. He could be more than merely dead. I'm talkin' sincerely dead.

Rick Schroeder has blondish good looks and all the cowboy moves. He even made me forget Jimmy Smits when he took the gig on "NYPD Bleu." If there's a clear signal that every character could die, it's now. Kiefer won't be hurting because he's an executive producer. Who knows how many morning he wakes up all-over stiff thinking, "I'm gettin' too old for this crap".

I remain riveted and struggling to keep all the threads straight. A whole week of my life intervenes between the shows and serves to keep me one step behind.

Message to Kiefer and Joel Surnow: If there's ever been a time to do something really radical, it's now. I double dog dare ya' to kill off Jack Bauer. No. Make that triple dog dare.

1 comment:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

And...it's television....for ratings, you CAN "kill" off Jack Bauer...run Ricky Schroeder for a bit, then voila!! "Jack" is back.

Remember how many times James Steinbeck was "killed" off in "As The World Turns?"

It's television!!

It is a good show, though..I agree...and I have no clue what's going on most of the time...*grin*