I had a lot of fun over at the coffeehouse of Althouse today. One of the regular commenters, Simon, called in to a radio show on which Althouse was a guest. He unmasked himself as a British ex-pat.
[UPDATE: For the record, Simon is in full allegiance to the United States of America as a citizen in good standing.]
His old avatar was a picture of Antonin Scalia as a shogun warrior. Now I had to rethink that and immediately came up with a little character that Mike Meyers used to do on Saturday Night Live. He was a little English boy who used to do his "show" from a bubble bath and he would do his little "drawrings" with his "pruney" hands. It was sweet and funny. But that video's been yanked from YouTube.
So here's another British Simon to view:
And then I went on another Simon tangent:
And here's another:
Wow. Gotta' love the cowbell.
15 years ago

3 comments:
I hadn't even noticed that my avatar had gone missing! LOL. I saw that blogger had eaten my profile, but now I'll have to check if I still have the original file and get that fixed. (The Japanese text on it, in case you were wondering, read "sensei").
I would clarify, however, that as I said in the coffeehouse, I really don't think of myself as an expat. :)
Simon: Makes sensei to me!
Less and less does to me, lately. ;) At any rate, hopefully the profile is now fixed. :)
Post a Comment