Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Annie Update: Final Fitting Countdown

Annie saw Mr. Tony today for another fitting of her soon-to-be-completed prosthesis. He made some measurements and adjustments and let her try on the "test socket" from which he will make her prosthesis. He figures it'll be done in about a week. Everything is customized to the patient. He will make hers purple with butterflies. For her first one, there will be no bend in the knee, but it'll be a straight leg. He had us bring in a left shoe so he can fit a foot to her prosthesis. I have a perfectly white, never-been-used sneaker to go with her slightly dingy, scuffed-on-the-side shoe. It'll be good to get some wear out of the left shoe.

I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Hope all goes well.

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Ruth -

I love my new job....on the tour of the facility at Central Wisconsin Center I was fortunate enough to see an orthotist make braces and prostethesis for the patients here. I had a great talk with her about Annie and how we are hoping she's in hers soon.

Fascinating.....and I'm sure you'll be smiling from ear to ear in a few days.

Take care...and be patient grasshopper....it'll happen soon!! Then she'll be running with Zeke and MJ.

Peggy :)