
The diamond pattern in the floor tile is visible.

Finally found a perfect place for one of Nana's paintings.

You know "renovation software": shower curtain, valance, commode cover, contour mat, etc... Oh. I still haven't purchased drawer pulls. Now that you see it, I'm still taking suggestions. Opine freely in the comments.

3 comments:
I remember when Nana painted that piece. Fits very nicely in your new boidoir (or how ever ya spell it).
As to Mel and Medved....nice to hear you were on the radio....I think we need to let Mel and his family deal with this on their own.
If something like this had happened to me (liken a bad hair day, or a case of the uglies attitude-wise) no one would give a rat's ass about it. Hollywood folk are not Holywood. They have to work through it just like the rest of us. Their life is in a fish bowl. Glad I'm not them. Because you'd have to be on your bestest behavior ALL the time.
And of course....I'm not. *grin*
Peggy: By virtue of occupying many popcorn-chomping hours and being paid handsomely for it, Mel Gibson, like it or not, is a public figure. What he does matters to more folks than just his family. And I think driving almost 90 in a 45, drunk, is way worse than a bad hair day. I agree it's not Holy-wood, but he has also put himself out there to be subject to criticism. Finally, the anti-semitism is particularly bad because of the enormous help he got in overcoming "Passion"'s distribution problems with the help of very prominent, very orthodox Jews [Medved, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, among others] who took it on the chin from their tribesmen as being "self-loathing Jews." The left takes much glee in moments like this.
Hollywood-types are notoriously not on best behavior much of the time. Just go to the celebrity mugshot portion of The Smoking Gun website.
Hey Ruth -
I agree, Mel should NOT have been driving 90 mph and drinking to boot. I think that too much of our time is spent on things that happen to celebs.
But, the reality of it is, in my corner of my world, I can't do a thing about what Mel and company is doing in Hollywood, nor do I want to.
I just hope that he and his family can get through it and that he apologizes to those he offended and we move on. I know that we look to these people as if they are "gods" and that's easy to do. As you know, I spend a lot of my time and $$ at the movies. But I don't idolize them.
I think our time is better served to figure out a way to get gasoline costs down. It went up 15 cents overnight here in Madison. That hits my pocketbook and the modest raise that I will get in the next couple weeks won't even be able to touch the lousy economy that is rearing its ugly head here.
But...that's another topic....maybe I'll have to bring it up on my blog.
Thanks, Kinso for letting me rant.
Post a Comment