
In blogging, the last thing posted in a month is the first thing you come to in the archives. Let me close out this July 2006 with a picture of my father, Robert B. Gero, who died on July 3rd, 2006. My brother took the picture in September 2005, on Dad and Mom's 50th wedding anniversary. He was watching the sunset from the front porch of the house where I spent my childhood.
I miss him.

4 comments:
He'll always be with you, and he'll always be with your children (and their children for that matter), even though they won't always realize it.
The absence you feel is an absence I've been lucky enough not to face, yet.
But you're handling it with grace, dignity, and humor, so clearly he did plenty of things right.
We're all examples to everyone around us, thanks for being a good one, even if it's only over the internet.
And...just when you think it's safe to put the kleenex away.....I love that photo. The color one that Paul took of him sitting on the railing is actually very cool, too.
Someday, I'll return to blogging...but then it will most likely be called noveling...until then....it's back to work....after finding a Panera Bread napkin to wipe the tears. My friend, Ellen, told me that they will come, when you least expect them....but it's okay...all part of the healing/grieving process. I think that the 3rd of every month will be difficult, too. But as xwl said....Dad did plenty of things right.....including the way he raised us.
What a handsome devil.
I bet he has good looking grandchildren.
hey ruthie...
first day back from seminar. it was great. talk about floods of tears coming. i didn't expect it and i was especially emotional during the nsd debuts (as you would only know). i miss dad...i miss scott's dad...it's just been a long month and i'm hoping the sweet memories of dad will ease the pain.
got a nice note from arlene lenarz today...nsd emeritus and still touching lives...amazing.
i didn't see bill cantrell at seminar...never headed over to the vendors at all. i think it's time i chat and coach with him again. for me.
i'll talk soon and know that i love you much.
mar
Post a Comment