Sunday, May 21, 2006

Date Night at the Depot

We had date night last night. In light of the sprucing up we've been doing lately, we began at the local Home Depot. We are thinking of remodeling my bathroom and it always helps to see what's out there and get ideas. The first department we encountered, however, was doors. Seeing that we just replaced our front porch, it seemed the right thing to do.

Did you know that doors are an impulse buy? We signed up for the measurement team to come to our home. We selected a wood-tone fiberglass door with a fan light at the top [with special glass] paired with a clear storm door in a shade that matches the shutters. Then we made our way to the bathroom department.

In the lavs, I fell in love with a cherry wood vanity. I currently have a white non-standard size vanity and I need to create a modular vanity space. I also selected some floor tile and accent pieces. Now all I need to do is get this show underway. I suspect it'll be blogged. Dave is already commenting that he thinks it's like putting a tiara on a pig.

We nearly closed down Home Depot at 9:45 and caught a late bite at the local Ruby Tuesdays. A great date night all in all.

No comments: