15 years ago
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Riveting Series on DVD
Lately, Dave and I have been burning the midnight oil watching DVDs of two cable series: "Carnivale" and "Dead Like Me" [season 2]. I've already blogged about DLM. Carnivale is very interesting, often disturbing, but compelling story set in the Depression. The two story lines follow a carnival, with all its assorted misfits and freaks; and Brother Justin and his sister, Iris, a Methodist preacher who tries to minister to the migrants. There are a lot of mysterious happenings in both story lines so the unseen characters [spirits of all sorts] are as influential as those on screen. I wasn't quite sure after the first episode, but by the third one, was hooked. The episode entitled "Babylon" cost me a good night's sleep. Some familiar faces and some newcomers. All in all, an interesting mix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment