If you're a regular visitor to this blog....let me tell you right now that this is Mary (Ruth Anne's sister) posting today's entry.....As you know, Ruth Anne, is in Baltimore with Annie undergoing her knee fixation surgery today (as opposed to an oral fixation? lol) and doesn't have great internet access. She reminds me of an addict with severe withdrawal symptoms......Note to David: please get Ruthie a laptop for Mother's Day or something....then the blogging may continue without the severe withdrawal symptoms and this sister can get some sleep.
I was aroused at 7:30 AM central by Ruth Anne's call (I needed to get up anyhow) informing me that Annie just went into surgery....Ruthie had a strong front, but as a mother I know she was scared. I asked her how she was doing and she said, "Fine." I knew better...I said "How are you REALLY doing?" and she said, truthfully, "Scared!" Well....who wouldn't be...you send your daughter into a 2 -6 hour surgery and you're in the hospital waiting by yourself with the rest of your support system miles away....wish I could have been there....
But, you see, I know my sister and we both learned from our mother that you show no fear in the face of adversity....and thankfully, Ruth Anne was able to scrub up and be with Annie until they gave her enough gas to relax her prior to having her IV put in ....and show no fear...for Annie's sake....What a great mom Ruthie is!! She said Annie was giggling while Ruth Anne was singing the same song that she sang to her when she was in the NICU. I'm sure Annie drifted off to sleep with her last recollection a happy one...
Please keep my precious niece in your prayers....and I'll blog later as to the surgery outcome....
Thanks for tuning in....
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment